Tuesday, June 17, 2014

nothing lacking

Here we are, in the final days of Spring, and the weather has been wonderful!  Many happy hours have been spent in the wilderness garden out back, on the front porch, and on the swing in the back yard.  I've seen beautiful pink sunrises, and soft orange-gold sunsets.  The birds and butterflies have accompanied me, as the squirrels entertained me with their acrobatic presentations in the tops of the  80-year-old pecan trees in our yard.

Peace has flowed like a quiet river, and sometimes it is hard to believe that I am right in the middle of a fairly large city.

We have had abundant rain showers, as well, and everything is lush and green.  During the heavy downpours, I have retreated indoors to one of my three favorite spots...the hobby/playroom, my Study upstairs, or the living room...curled up with a good book or watching a favorite movie.

Anyone who knows me at all understands that I am a "home-body."  I like h-o-m-e, HOME!  I am not a "shopper," and therefore it is not on my list of things-to-do today to stop by the mall and just...walk around.  I don't particularly enjoy going to the theater to see a movie...I much prefer to watch one at home.  I don't even enjoy going out to eat, unless it is for a special occasion with special people.  I like to cook, and I've been told that the product of my culinary efforts is not hard to wash down, so that makes it even more enjoyable.  I like my job at the office, but I LOVE my home.

I am married to my best friend, and we enjoy each others company to the point that we can still hold long conversations about the things that we are passionate about, or we can snuggle on the couch next to each other, and never say a word...it is still bliss.

I have learned to be contented with all the blessings that God has so graciously provided in my life.  There is nothing that I lack.  It is well with my soul.  I have lived long enough to correct some of the mistakes that I have made, and accept and give forgiveness, so that others might have the same freedom that I do.

All in all, though not always easy by any means, I have lived a good life.  I have been blessed with wonderful children who were raised to love and honor and respect their parents, both of us...at the same time, and they do.  They show honor and respect at all times, their love knows no bounds.  They each, in turn, come and visit as often as they can, and no matter who is present or who is absent, we always have a good time.

I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to be!  Yes sir, God has been good to me.

And now, along comes Summer!  I can hardly imagine all the joys that have been appointed to me and my family.  I am thankful to my dear Lord, for the outrageous love and favor He has bestowed upon me & mine.
And, I am looking forward to a grand Summer at the old home-place!  Let the good times roll, in the summertime....

No comments:

Post a Comment