Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Steve & Annie

For those of you who asked (regarding the previous post: Finding Center), the reference to Steve and Annie Chapman was made because several years ago, (I think, maybe three or four decades) they were performing in the Christian music field, a husband and wife team who wrote and performed their own music.

Of all their songs, my personal favorite was about us being like a house. I think the title was "My Heart Is Like A House." I am not sure of the title, but I do remember most of the lyrics and it tied in with the song by Freelance Whales that I mentioned.

"My heart is like a house,
One day I let the Savior in.
There were many rooms
where we would visit now and then---
But, one day He saw 'that' door---
I knew the time had come too soon,
And I said, "Jesus, I'm not ready for us to visit in that room."
"That's a place in my heart,
where even I don't go---
I've got some things hidden there---
And I don't want no one to know."
But, He handed me the key,
Tears of love on His face---
He said, "I want to make you clean;
let Me go in your secret place."
So I opened up the door,
And the two of us walked in---
I was so ashamed;
His light revealed my hidden sin.
But, when I think about that room now;
I'm not afraid anymore.
I know my hidden sin
No longer hides behind the door.

It just made sense to me to tie them together---our 'heart' house and the generator that lights it up! Find your CENTER early in the day, keep coming back to it, so the house will always chant a peaceful song, and more importantly, so that you won't get flung off!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment